iOS 15 is the latest version of Apple’s mobile operating system for iPhones and iPads. The new update includes a number of improvements, including an improved camera app, more privacy settings, better battery life, and more.
The how to get ios 15 beta is a blog post that will show you how to install the latest iOS 15 on your iPhone or iPad.
The date on which this page was last modified was September 21, 2021. -dev D (author) Tagged With: iOS
Finally, Apple Inc. has released iOS 15 upgrades for eligible iPhone and iPad touch devices today (16/09/2021). To receive the free iOS 15 update, you’ll need an iPhone 6S or later, an iPad Air 2 or later, a new iPad mini 4 or later, or an iPod touch 7th generation, according to Apple. Or, to put it another way, any device that can run iOS 14 can run iOS 15. Apple recommends that all eligible customers upgrade to iOS 15 since the software update focuses on performance improvements.
The new iOS 15 software update includes a revamped Home screen with widgets, a new App Library, App Clips, and no full-screen calls, among other things.
Also focuses on speed and quality improvements, and most notably, everything is quicker with iOS 15, from Face ID unlocking (30 percent faster) to app downloads being 50% smaller and updates being 60% smaller. In iOS 15, app launches will be twice as quick, and there will be a lot more.
Though Apple concentrated on under-the-hood changes for iOS 15, the new version of iOS comes with a lengthy list of new features that make it an outstanding new edition of iOS.
Devices that work with iOS 15
iOS 15 is compatible with a wide range of devices. In a nutshell, it will work with any iOS devices released after 2014. The list also includes the upcoming 2019 iPhone 11.
The iPhone 12 series, iPhone 11 series, iPhone X, iPhone XS, XS Max, and XR, iPhone 8 Plus, iPhone 8, iPhone 7, iPhone 7 Plus, iPhone 6S and 6S Plus, and iPhone SE are all compatible with iOS 15.
The latest iOS version will not work with iPhone 5S (and earlier), iPhone 6/6 Plus, iPad Mini 2, iPad Mini 3, or iPad Air (2013). As a result, these devices will not get the iOS 15 upgrade.
iOS 15 will be available for the iPhone 6s and subsequent models, as well as the iPhone 11 pro and the most recent iPhone 12.
How to Install iOS 15
The new iPhone 12 series comes pre-installed with iOS 15, however we’ll show you how to get iOS 15 on previous iPhones and iPads.
Prepare your iPhone and iPad for the iOS 15 update.
- Most essential, make a backup of your device before installing the new update.
- Check to see whether your device is compatible with iOS 15.
- Make sure you have enough space on your device for the iOS 15 upgrade.
- It’s also a good idea to update all iOS applications on the device so that they’re fresh and more likely to work with the most recent iOS version.
- To download iOS 15 update files from Apple server successfully, make sure you have a steady Internet connection or connect to a WiFi network.
- If your device’s battery is below 50%, you’ll need to charge it while the update is running.
Bonus: Don’t Forget Your iPhone’s Password
After you update to iOS 15, your phone will restart, and you may be prompted to enter your screen passcode to open it. Please remember your device screen password at all times, or you will be locked out of your device once the update is installed. You should also remember your Apple ID and iCloud passcode. You can recover files from your iCloud backup if you lose them after upgrading.
Before installing the new version, make a backup of your device.
Data on your iPhone, iPad, or iPod Touch may be backed up using iCloud or iTunes on a PC or Mac. Before installing iOS 15, follow the instructions below to back up all of your data.
- Join a Wi-Fi network using your device.
- Select your name from the drop-down menu in Settings, then press
- Select iCloud Backup from the drop-down menu. (Tap Backup if you’re on iOS 10.2 or before.)
- Make sure that iCloud Backup is switched on as well.
- Return to the previous screen by tapping Back Up Now.
It’s also a good idea to double-check if the backup is complete. To do so, open Settings, touch on your name, then go to iCloud > iCloud Storage > Manage Storage and choose your device from the list.
If you want to back up your device using a computer, you may do it with iTunes’ built-in backup feature.
Here’s how to use iTunes to back up an iPhone, iPad, or iPod Touch:
- Make sure your iTunes is up to current, then open it and connect your iPhone or iPad.
- If a notification prompts you for your device password or to Trust This Computer, follow the onscreen instructions.
- When your iPhone, iPad, or iPod Touch shows in iTunes, choose it.
- Select Encryptand create a passcode to preserve Health and Activity data from your iOS device or Apple Watch.
- You may just select Back Up Now if you don’t want to store your Health and Activity data.
After the procedure is complete, go to iTunes Preferences > Devices (on a Mac) or Edit > Preferences > Devices to verify whether the backup was successful (on a PC).
iOS 15 is now available for download.
The simplest method to obtain iOS 15 is to install it directly on your iPhone, iPad, or iPod Touch.
- To update your software, go to Settings > General > Software Update.
- This will start the process of monitoring your iOS device for fresh updates.
- A notice regarding iOS 15 should display once iOS 15 is available for your device, and you may hit Download and Install.
- When you see Apple’s Terms and Conditions for the new software package and its features, tap Agree.
- It may take a while, and you won’t be able to use your device during that time, so tap Install Tonight or Remind Me Later if you want to put it off until later.
The download speed is determined on the speed of your Internet connection. It’s also worth mentioning that you’ll need a Wi-Fi connection to begin the download since Apple doesn’t allow iOS downloads via mobile data.
How can I fix the error “Unable to Install iOS 15 Update”?
- Enable Airplane Mode by going to Settings > Airplane Mode.
- Turn your iPhone off.
- Turn it back on and deactivate the Airplane mode after around 30 seconds.
- After that, try updating your iPhone as usual by going to Settings> General >Software Update.
Using iTunes, upgrade to iOS 15
If you want, you may use iTunes to download and install iOS 15 from your computer. Here’s how to do it:
- Make sure you’re using the most recent version of iTunes.
- Connect your PC to your iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch.
- Open iTunes and choose your device from the drop-down menu. In iTunes 15, go to the upper-right corner of the iTunes window and click the device icon.
- Check for updates by going to Summary > Check for Updates.
- Click on the Download and Update button.
- Accept the conditions that accompany any on-screen prompts, such as choosing Next on the iPhone Software Update screen.
- The upgrade to iOS 15 will begin right away. Wait for iTunes to download and install iOS 15 on your iPhone or iPad.
Note During the iOS 15 upgrade, your device will reboot, so don’t disconnect it until it turns back on and iTunes indicates that it’s completely updated.
Frequently Asked Questions
How do I update my iPhone to iOS 15?
You can update your iPhone to iOS 15 on the App Store.
Which iPhones can get iOS 15?
iPhones that are released after the year of 2018 will be able to get iOS 15.
Why is my iOS update not installing on new iPhone?
- ios 15 facetime
- ios 15 supported devices
- ios 15 download link
- ios 15 release date
- how to get the new iphone update ios 14