AirPods are wireless headphones, which means you can listen to music without having to plug them into your phone. But the thing is, they only work with Apple products. So how do you control the volume with AirPods?
The turn volume up on airpods pro is a question that has been asked before. There are multiple ways to control the volume on your AirPods, but one of them is by using the Apple Watch.
On most of the blog sites dedicated to AirPod evaluations, one question kept cropping up.
Users wanted to know whether they required an external soundbar that allowed them to adjust the volume.
Their worries stemmed from the fact that when AirPods are linked, there are no physical controls to raise or decrease volume.
Is it possible to control the volume using AirPods?
The loudness of AirPods may be adjusted in two ways. To raise and lower the volume, the first way requires using Siri instructions. The second option is to use the iPhone’s or any other device’s volume button. AirPods also feature double-tap gestures for changing the volume of music.
I’ll show you how to adjust the volume of your AirPods in this post. You’ll learn how to raise and lower the volume on your AirPods with and without Siri.
All versions, including the first-generation AirPods, second-generation AirPods, AirPods Pro, and AirPods Max, are covered.
How Do You Use Siri To Control Volume With AirPods (First Generation)?
You must first change your double-tap settings before you can adjust the volume of your AirPod.
You may configure your AirPod’s double-tap feature to perform one of the following things:
- Compatibility with Siri
- Your audio material may be played and paused.
- The track may be skipped or advanced.
- Return to the previous song.
The following is a short guide to modifying the double tap option to make the AirPod Siri compatible:
- Open the Settings app on your iOS device and choose Bluetooth.
- Locate your AirPods and touch the info icon to the right of the list of connected devices to get more information.
- Click the desired side, either right or left, under “double-tap on AirPod,” then choose Siri from the list of options.
You may double-tap the AirPods after customizing the settings.
To call Siri, tap on whichever of the right and left buttons you’ve chosen.
There are two methods to adjust the volume of your AirPod content using Siri.
- “Hey Siri, crank the volume up,” I say. “Hey Siri, turn down the volume,” for example.
- You may even instruct Siri to raise or reduce the volume by a certain percentage. “Hey Siri, turn down the volume to 25%,” for example.
How Do You Use Siri (Second Generation) To Control Volume With Your Airpods?
When Apple upgraded the first generation of AirPods to the second generation, it included a new function.
Users who solely use voice had a lot more convenience using the second-generation AirPods.
Because of the convenience, consumers didn’t have to touch their earphones to call Siri.
There were no more time-consuming double-tap settings to make the AirPods Siri-compatible.
The method for increasing and decreasing the volume remained the same.
How Do You Control Volume With Airpods (First and Second Generation) Without Making Use of Siri?
You may sometimes find yourself in a situation where you are unable to use Siri.
If you’re in a quiet environment, such as a library, you don’t want to be a source of distraction.
You may adjust your AirPod using the volume button on the side of your smartphone in this situation.
The second method is to move the volume slider of the program you’re listening to, which involves the following steps:
- You can go to the Control Center if your phone is not locked. It’s in the right corner of your screen, either at the top (in the most recent iPhone versions) or at the bottom (in older iPhone versions) (iPhone 8 and earlier versions).
- You may increase the volume by moving the volume slider up or decrease the volume by dragging the volume slider down when in the control centre.
- If your iPhone is locked, you may adjust the volume of your AirPods by sliding the volume slider right or left.
How Do You Use AirPods (AirPods Pro and Max) To Control Volume?
Below, I’ll walk you through four different methods to adjust the volume of your AirPods:
Using Siri to raise or lower the volume is one option.
To begin, make sure your AirPod Pro is connected to your iOS smartphone.
If it isn’t shown among your connected devices, you may connect them via Bluetooth.
Say “Hey Siri,” then say something like “raise volume by 5%” or “Turn the volume up” or “Turn the volume down” to change the volume levels. Simply talk clearly and loudly enough, and she will follow your directions.
One of the most impressive aspects of Siri is that it allows you to do more than simply adjust the volume.
You may find out what your current volume levels are by asking Siri, “Hey, Siri, what is the current volume?” This function may assist you in determining your ideal volume, which varies depending on the circumstance.
When listening to your favorite podcast at home, for example, your optimum volume varies from when you’re in a loud environment.
Using Your iPhone’s Volume Buttons
Without a doubt, Siri comes in handy in instances when you don’t have access to your phone or can’t reach your Airpods.
However, there are times when you are unable to speak loudly or at all.
When you abruptly speak to Siri in a busy public railway station, for example, you will seem a bit crazy.
In such cases, you may use the old-fashioned method of turning your AirPods Pro volume on or off by pressing the volume button on your phone.
To increase or decrease the volume on your iPhone, just tap the volume button.
The Volume Slider is a tool that allows you to adjust the volume of your music.
This approach is similar to the volume buttons method in that you must reach for your phone to adjust the volume of your AirPods.
Drag the volume slider from the current app to adjust the audio on your AirPod Pro. This may be done from either the lock screen or the control center.
You must move the volume slider up or down on the lock screen.
The control center may be accessed from an unlocked screen.
You may increase the volume by moving the volume slider up or lower the volume by dragging the volume slider down while in the control center.
If you’re having trouble using the volume button, try this approach.
Using the Apple Watch with a Mac
You can make your AirPod Pro or AirPod Max louder or quieter by controlling the volume from a separate iOS device.
How can you change the volume of your Airpods on a Mac?
When viewing a movie or listening to an online professor, you may be wondering how to adjust the level of your AirPods.
If your AirPods are connected to your Mac, you have two options for changing the volume.
Using the volume buttons on your Mac’s keyboard is the quickest way.
Another option is to use the Menu Bar’s volume control icon.
To do so, change the volume by dragging the volume slider up or down.
In certain cases, the volume symbol may not appear on the Menu Bar.
You may enable it by following the steps below:
- On your computer’s Menu Bar, select Apple, then System Preferences.
- Select the AirPods linked to your Mac from the list that displays by clicking sound output.
- Click the box next to Show volume in the menu bar below the volume bar in the bottom window.
How can you use your Apple Watch to adjust the volume of your AirPods?
When you’re listening to audio material on your Apple Watch.
It’s also possible that the audio is coming from an iPhone connected to your Apple Watch.
To make the AirPods louder or quieter, you may change the volume from your watch.
The steps are as follows:
- To go to the Now Playing screen, touch the Now Playing icon on the Home screen.
- You’ll see a tiny volume indicator when this screen displays.
How do you keep an eye on or limit the volume of your AirPods?
You can adjust the sound of your AirPods in a variety of ways, including the ones listed below:
- If you have been listening to your AirPods for a long period, you will get a notice that the volume will be automatically reduced.
- View the audio levels from your AirPods over time using a Health app.
- Monitor the audio levels from your AirPods while you use them by using the Hearing control in the control center.
- Your AirPods’ maximum loudness should be kept to a minimum.
Despite the fact that AirPods don’t have any physical buttons, users may still adjust their volume.
There are several tried-and-true ways, such as utilizing the volume button and slider.
Advanced methods like as Siri and double-tap technologies are also available.
You may also check the volume of your AirPods using the control center or mobile apps like the health app.
The how to turn down volume on airpods when connected to tv is a question that has been asked before. There are many different ways to control the volume on your AirPods, but some of them may not be easy for you.
Frequently Asked Questions
Can you control volume through AirPods?
No, you cannot control the volume of your AirPods with anything.
Can you change volume on AirPods without Siri?
No, Siri is the only way to change the volume on AirPods.
Why cant I control the volume on my AirPods?
The volume on your AirPods is controlled by the iOS settings.
- how to turn down volume on airpods on laptop
- airpods volume control android
- airpod pro controls
- airpods settings
- airpods pro volume control reddit